Friday, November 13, 2009

The things we think about on a Daily Basis

Do we realize that on a daily basis we have so many thoughts, that we have the hardest time keeping track of any given thought that day. For instance as I was looking at the paper today as I do every morning all I could think about or the thought I was able to hold on to was, do I have everything ready for my Nephews party next weekend. I mean how is it that I can be trying to keep up to date on the current events but not have a thought about it because in that moment in time, during that early morning paper reading session I could careless about what I am reading. Maybe it has to do with the fact that those current events aren't directly affecting my life at the moment, maybe it is because I just don't need the hassle of worrying about something I have no control over, or maybe it's just that my mind isn't ready to handle what is going on in the world. So instead of focusing my energy on other thoughts during the day, I slip into a coma like state where the thoughts of that day circle and I have to reach out and grab on just to make sure that I am still focus on my life. How interesting that we go through life most of the time with so many cares in the world that we can 't keep track of all of them. So I pose this question: For all of you not just you creative types why is it that we feel as though we are only having one thought during any given day but we are having thousands of thoughts and just trying to hold onto one in any given moment?????

3 comments:

  1. I think humans, by and large, are thinkers, but not just that, human thinking is the product of a busy and often chaotic existence. In other words, life is a collage or series of sporadic events. Why should our thought processes be any different?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good observation my dear friend so ponder this, with each thought comes another thought and another thought and another thought, and with each one of those thoughts one begins to have a series of ideas, and those ideas lead to goals, and those goals lead to dreams. So I often wonder if thinking too much is a good thing or a bad thing and I think the answer will always lie within how those thoughts affect you as a person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, it seems you've answered your own question. Let me add that overthinking is never a bad thing unless the ideas that spring forth are negative and/or destructive, or impedes relaxation. If a person thinks to the point he is unable to relax or wind down, then that's obviously not so good. However, thinking that leads to ideas and dreams and goals, I must say is not a bad thing at all. People need things to keep them going, need motivations, and things that push them in life. If thinking is the result of this push and drive, then so be it, and I say, let the spread of ideas and thoughts continue. Ideas and thoughts have lead to many great things in the world, many great innnovations...

    ReplyDelete